schuams bio????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atlanta213

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
yea this is it!

I use both actually because they both have their pros and cons. Schuams is really detailed which is really good, coz real thing has a lot of detailed bio questions. But also Schaums could get boring sometimes and some of its chapters are hard to understand. I think Cliffs has good outline, but doesn't go in detail.

For example I like to study all human body systems from schuams, wherease photosynthesis & cellular respiration stuff from cliffs.

Schuams bar none. I think that the read is actually fine in Schuams. I read examkrackers biology first which gives the big picture and then I went into schuams for the details. Btw- make sure you get your schuam's online, much cheaper by far.:)

I used Cliffs and I was quite happy with it. It wasnt that boring of a read and it still had pretty good detail.

Members don't see this ad :)
good to see you again klutzy1987 and thanks everyone for the input.

I actually have blue kaplan book, cliff notes and destroyer. I read cliff and kaplan for 2times. Should I buy schuam's too?
How much detail schuam has compared to cliff notes?

On now days, I am so panicked...

good to see you again klutzy1987 and thanks everyone for the input.

I actually have blue kaplan book, cliff notes and destroyer. I read cliff and kaplan for 2times. Should I buy schuam's too?
How much detail schuam has compared to cliff notes?

On now days, I am so panicked...

Go with schaum's.I have it for a long time but never went over it.recently I went over it and saw one of the hard Qs that I had on my DAT.I mean identical.I am not saying DAT creators copy the Qs from schaum's but rather it's qs are so in depth and conceptual that will fully prepare you for the test.But,make sure you have a solid understanding of all the subjects before you start schaum's then really you won't get bored at all and in fact you start to enjoy biology.Good luck.

i went over it when i first started studying, its REALLY REALLY boring and loooong but its packed with good stuff...im too lazy to re-read the whole thing and it takes a long time so i just kept on reading cliff's ap bio which is sufficient...ive read through cliff's maybe 4 times now haha

Do you guys just read through the informational part of Schaums or also go through the questions and answers they ask?

I HIGHLY recommend Cliff's because every word in that book is critical. For Schaum's, it leaves out a lot of important details, and includes a lot of useless ones. Cliff's basically has all the things that Schaum's has..

Per Mddang's recommendation, I went out and bought the GRE Biology subject test book, and I must say its the best out of the three. It is a little more detailed than Cliffs but less than Schaum. It also has about 200 challenging questions in the back. I just hope I have enough time to go through it with my test in a week.....