Schuam's crash course????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golfmontpoker

I hate chemistry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever use Schaum's organic chemistry or chemistry crash course books?? Curious on how effective these books are... Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

golfmontpoker said:
Anyone ever use Schaum's organic chemistry or chemistry crash course books?? Curious on how effective these books are... Thanx
For gen. chem. don’t bother. It is useless, too much in depth for what we need. Orgo, on the other hand, it is a great tool. I studied this book for a couple of months now, and I wrote down all the reactions because it was much easier for me to memorize them.
Then I used the book for the theory, to get a good understanding of other aspects besides the rxns. As far as I know, about half of the test in not reactions related.

Gasedo said:
For gen. chem. don’t bother. It is useless, too much in depth for what we need. Orgo, on the other hand, it is a great tool. I studied this book for a couple of months now, and I wrote down all the reactions because it was much easier for to memorize them.
Then I used the book for the theory, to get a good understanding of other aspects besides the rxns. As far as I know, about half of the test in not reactions related.
So, the cram orgo is a great tool? Im looking for any advantge i can get with the chemistry sections... im not to worrried about any other sections but chem