Sciatic nerve issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarahgelatinano

totally awesome
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My dad has had back pain for a long time now. Every now and then, his sciatic nerve is irritated (I dare say pinched because isn't it anatomically impossible to pinch it?). It has happened again and he is in pain. I have just told him to limit movement and apply heat. Does anyone have any other suggestions.

This has happened to him before (probably 2-3 times a year) and it usually goes away on it's own. I was just wondering if anything would help that happen faster. Please don't say go to the doctor. I realize that would be the best thing to .A) to find out where his chronic back pain is coming from and B) to find out if it is related to the sciatic "pinching" thing, but my family doesn't have health insurance and has little money...the last thing we need is medical debt.

Got any ideas to make him more comfortable? Maybe some muscle relaxers? I am not sure.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.