• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

tehassan

TheHunter
5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2011
Brooklyn
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Perhaps this is in the wrong forum...but if a school does not take physics into consideration for pre-reqs, then how do they calculate the base science gpa? Ie; like a school that has prerequisites totaling 8 credits of biology, 8 credits of orgo, 8 credits of inorganic chem, and a semester of biochem. In this instance, does physics drop off your "specified pre-req" GPA, and then only go into sGPA and overall GPA?

MultiSportD

Apr 3, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
That sounds like a great question to the school in question. Please post what you find - I'd like to know as well. (physics wasn't my strong point. haha)

dskies

Jun 21, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Perhaps this is in the wrong forum...but if a school does not take physics into consideration for pre-reqs, then how do they calculate the base science gpa? Ie; like a school that has prerequisites totaling 8 credits of biology, 8 credits of orgo, 8 credits of inorganic chem, and a semester of biochem. In this instance, does physics drop off your "specified pre-req" GPA, and then only go into sGPA and overall GPA?

Pretty sure sGPA is calculated independent of what the dschools prereqs are. Physics is a science, and if you took it - it will be in your sGPA calculated by AADSAS. AADSAS doesn't know which schools your applying to when they are calculating your GPAs anyway. It just doesn't seem like it would make sense for d schools to pull apart your transcript to figure out what your new sGPA is if physics weren't in it... That's what I would think..

About the Ads

premolar9

7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Is statistics factored into sGPA? I read somewhere that it was...it seems odd though.

Is statistics factored into sGPA? I read somewhere that it was...it seems odd though.

It will be dependent on the department which you took it under. Statistics under the MATH department will go under sGPA. Statistics taken under the business department i.e. Business Statistics will go under your oGPA but will not be factored into your sGPA.

Davermz450

Feb 8, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Is there a way to find what is a science class? Would geology be a science? I took bio stats is that part of the BCP or sci? Stupid GPA

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.