Science classes before taking DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helprosie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What science classes do I definitely need to take before doing the DAT? So far I'm about to finish two semesters of the first level of biology. I'm a freshman currently. I plan on taking the DAT the fall of my junior year like in December.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Biology 1 and 2, orgo 1 and 2, gen Chem 1,2 orgo lab if you can and maybe trig or pre calculus for the QR

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2. And get a head start on self studying for the PAT's... You will thank yourself later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2. And get a head start on self studying for the PAT's... You will thank yourself later.
I think it's too early to start practicing for the PAT two years ahead of the test date... Plus, most of the PAT practice/generators require a subscription, and I wouldn't want to keep paying for two years.

I would suggest taking A&P early as well since my intro to bio series didn't go into details on human physiology (had to self study for DAT). If you have room in your schedule, you might also want to consider taking an intro to stats class. I found it helpful for questions about probabilities and statistical means on the QR.

Okay so Biol 1/2, Orgo 1/2 and lab, Gen Chem 1/2, A&P, calculus, stats. Anything else? Thanks for help so far!

Microbiology is not necessary but wouldn't hurt. I took my DAT before taking micro and still scored a 23 in the bio section. I am in micro now and a lot of the stuff we are covering now are things that I studied for on the DAT. Again, not necessary but would probably help.

Reactions: 1 users