Science classes taken before applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vcast

You just never know ...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I plan to apply next year to dental school and was wondering if you guys can help me out with something that I'm stressing over ...

What science courses (excluding the courses needed for the DAT) had you taken already when you applied the very same year to dental school?

Thanks for your input!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I stressed over the exact same situation. What I ended up doing is applying extremely late last year (late Dec) and "hoping" and "dreaming" that I would be able to take the DAT in Feb while in 2nd semester organic. I found the studying process frustrating since I'm taking 4 science classes altogether inlcuding ochem 2, physics 2, physiology and another upper division biology.

In MY personal situation, I decided to wait to finish OChem 2 before taking the DAT, so last year's application was essentially a waste of $$. I plan on taking the DAT this summer and I will have finished all if not most of the pre-reqs for most schools. Next semester I plan on taking biochem, cell bio, and anatomy and physio 1. I the Spring, I plan on taking anatomy and physio 2 and microbio. Sorry for being so wordy, in essence, I will have done all my pre-reqs before applying for dental school.

Let me point, however, that there are many who will be applying and who have not completed all their pre-reqs. As long as their pre-reqs are finished by the Spring, it's fair game for application purposes, IMO. Good luck! :)

On top of my pre-reqs sciences - I took Microbiology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Anatomy, Immunology and Histology before Dental School.