1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Science classes taken before applying

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by vcast, Apr 15, 2004.

1. vcast

vcast You just never know ...
    7+ Year Member

Hey Everyone!

I plan to apply next year to dental school and was wondering if you guys can help me out with something that I'm stressing over ...

What science courses (excluding the courses needed for the DAT) had you taken already when you applied the very same year to dental school?

Thanks for your input!! :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. wimmcs

wimmcs Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I stressed over the exact same situation. What I ended up doing is applying extremely late last year (late Dec) and "hoping" and "dreaming" that I would be able to take the DAT in Feb while in 2nd semester organic. I found the studying process frustrating since I'm taking 4 science classes altogether inlcuding ochem 2, physics 2, physiology and another upper division biology.

In MY personal situation, I decided to wait to finish OChem 2 before taking the DAT, so last year's application was essentially a waste of $$. I plan on taking the DAT this summer and I will have finished all if not most of the pre-reqs for most schools. Next semester I plan on taking biochem, cell bio, and anatomy and physio 1. I the Spring, I plan on taking anatomy and physio 2 and microbio. Sorry for being so wordy, in essence, I will have done all my pre-reqs before applying for dental school.

Let me point, however, that there are many who will be applying and who have not completed all their pre-reqs. As long as their pre-reqs are finished by the Spring, it's fair game for application purposes, IMO. Good luck! :)

4. Mo007

Mo007 Gifted Hands
    10+ Year Member

On top of my pre-reqs sciences - I took Microbiology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Anatomy, Immunology and Histology before Dental School.