Science classes...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chris001

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need one more class for nexts term. Can I get some advise on some easy science class to boost up my sci GPA. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would not say there is anything as an "easy" science class. There are professors that grade easier. Wish this site existed my first 2 years of undergrad:

ratemyprofessors.com

No one on here can tell you which classes are easier at your school. I have heard that some classes at some schools are easier then ones at others. Ask around at your school, your fellow classmates will be more helpful then anyone on here. Just my opinion though. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Chris001 said:
I need one more class for nexts term. Can I get some advise on some easy science class to boost up my sci GPA. Thanks
You can always retake. Pick a science class that you didn't do so hot in, C or below, the first time because... (any reason other than ability). If you're sure you could get an A then I'd go for it. A single retake will boost your GPA more than one upper science course.

If you don't want to retake you will have to talk to other students, as mentioned, at your school regarding "easy A science courses" you can take to boost your GPA. Even with Organic Chemistry, it can be easy at one school and impossible to get an A at another. It all depends on the professors at your school. No one knows that more that your fellow students.

FutureDocDO said:
You can always retake. Pick a science class that you didn't do so hot in, C or below, the first time because... (any reason other than ability). If you're sure you could get an A then I'd go for it. A single retake will boost your GPA more than one upper science course.

Good advice.
:thumbup:

what about general education biology classes? They still are "science" classes althought hey might be considered as an elective for your major.

I know different schools offer like biology of cancer, human diseases, etc.

ooh, parasitology was fun and definitely doable!

HunterGatherer said:
I would not say there is anything as an "easy" science class. There are professors that grade easier. Wish this site existed my first 2 years of undergrad:

ratemyprofessors.com

Sure there are.

Some of the "easy A" science classes I took my senior year included:

-Forensic Chemistry

-Medical Botany

At UW, physiology 118 is suppose to be easy and math 308, linear algebra. Those are examples for my school. I hope that helps.

HunterGatherer said:

ratemyprofessors.com

Yes. USE THIS WEBSITE.

It is good to know what your biophysics teacher is like ahead of time. :thumbup:

HunterGatherer said:

ratemyprofessors.com
I used this site religiously during undergrad and added about 6 units of easy A's each semester. I would not register in a class without checking it first and it hasn't hurt me in medical school since some might argue that you won't have a choice in med school so take hard teachers in undergrad. It helps a lot to avoid teachers that just don't like giving A's from the start.

OSUdoc, you understand this is not the case at ALL schools. At other schools these could be very difficult classes because of the exam content, prof's grading policy, etc.
It's best to talk to upper classmen at your undergrad to find "easy" science classes or use the site above and site similar to it like on myspace.com

OSUdoc08 said:
Sure there are.

Some of the "easy A" science classes I took my senior year included:

-Forensic Chemistry

-Medical Botany

HunterGatherer said:
OSUdoc, you understand this is not the case at ALL schools. At other schools these could be very difficult classes because of the exam content, prof's grading policy, etc.
It's best to talk to upper classmen at your undergrad to find "easy" science classes or use the site above and site similar to it like on myspace.com

Exactly.

I'm sure that every school has blowoff classes.

Your contention was that there were none.

Im at uf, so does the lower biology count as a science gpa? I am open for any class , Im almost done wih school.

It will count towards your science GPA but it would look better to take upper level sciences, but it is up to you. I doubt they would care too much at this point.

By the way, I go to USF and have tons of friends at UF!

If your school has biotechniques....take it. It helped me with some concepts on the mcat, wasn't too extremely difficult and you learn a lot. It was actually a kewl class so go for it.