science classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pretard

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive searched extensively with no conclusive results.

I have a few questions about classes in science GPA

Will osteo BCP count a weather/atmospheric science class WX101 as science? The FAQ says it is other science, but I dunno

Also will a business stats class count? It is STAT202

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to say, "probably no on both". The only way you will truly know is to email AACOMAS. They are very helpful and will take less than a week to get back to you.

Will osteo BCP count a weather/atmospheric science class WX101 as science? The FAQ says it is other science, but I dunno

Thanks!

I had a few weather/meteorology classes and they count as 'other science'. Business stats will not be a science as math/stats are not included in the science GPA in AACOMAS.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks!

"The Science category would include all courses with subjects of Biology, Organic, Biochemistry, Other Science, Physics, and Inorganic Chemistry. Non-science would include courses with subjects of Math, English, Behavioral Sciences, and Non-science."

Nate seems to think that 'other science' is still included in your science gpa. Might depend on the specific course though.

All other science courses are included in the science GPA.

All other science courses are included in the science GPA.

awesome! do you or does anybody else know if kinesiology courses count as either science or "other science." courses like exercise physiology, biochemistry of exercise, biomechanics, diet/disease and exercise, etc.

awesome! do you or does anybody else know if kinesiology courses count as either science or "other science." courses like exercise physiology, biochemistry of exercise, biomechanics, diet/disease and exercise, etc.

Kinesiology is an 'other science' so I would assume all of those courses would go under other science. If you wanted one of those to slide as something else, you could probably get away with it. For example, I used my Soil Physics class as Physics and it was fine.

Are environmental science classes count as "other science"?

For example, intro to envir. science, research techniques in wildlife ecology, wetland envr, etc?

I'm a Kinesiology major myself and all my K&H courses counted for my science gpa. You should have no problem.

Are environmental science classes count as "other science"?

For example, intro to envir. science, research techniques in wildlife ecology, wetland envr, etc?

A large percentage of my coursework was in natural resources and geology. Those types of courses are all counted as other science.