science classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluejay910

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do pharmacy schools care when you take orgo? like does it hurt you if you take it over the summer?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think some schools don't like it when you take classes the summer right before matriculation - meaning don't wait to take organic until Summer 09 if you want to enter pharm school Fall 09. Other than that, I doubt it matters much. But I took organic I over the summer and it was *hard*. It's a lot of information to cram into 4-6 weeks and I would never recommend it. Take just the lab portion or just the lecture portion if you must - doing both was really difficult and I don't think I absorbed the material as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think some schools don't like it when you take classes the summer right before matriculation - meaning don't wait to take organic until Summer 09 if you want to enter pharm school Fall 09. Other than that, I doubt it matters much. But I took organic I over the summer and it was *hard*. It's a lot of information to cram into 4-6 weeks and I would never recommend it. Take just the lab portion or just the lecture portion if you must - doing both was really difficult and I don't think I absorbed the material as well.

Definitely don't wait to take it right before matriculation. I took the second part over the summer and it was crazy. I'm in Georgia and its ridiculously hot (80-100 F) and it was hard going to lab w/ pants and closed toed shoes. I thought I was going to die. Plus some of our experiments didn't work because of the humidity (Grignard rxn). The plus side is I did a little better because that was the only class I took so I was able to keep my focus.

It doesn't LIKE matter as long as you LIKE do well in it (get an A) and as long as you LIKE stop inappropriately using the word LIKE.

I took Organic I and II in the summer two years ago and it didn't hurt my application. :)