Science GPA calculation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArmyPilot

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, need your help on something:

According to the ADEA pdf file (http://www.adea.org/dental_educatio...tructions/Documents/2010 GPA Calculations.pdf), it says the following:

"Science GPA: [FONT=Verdana,Verdana][FONT=Verdana,Verdana]All undergraduate courses identified on your transcript as Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math and Other Science is used in computing this GPA."..
[FONT=Verdana,Verdana][FONT=Verdana,Verdana]..
[FONT=Verdana,Verdana][FONT=Verdana,Verdana]How does one define "other science"? My BS is in engineering, and I took, obviously, a ton of engineering classes but they werent in a science department (physics, bio, chem)...they were in the engineering department. Will my classes like the following below count towards my GPA? I have many more like this...these are just a slice of them...

[FONT=Verdana,Verdana][FONT=Verdana,Verdana]-Thermodynamics (mechanical engineering course)..
[FONT=Verdana,Verdana][FONT=Verdana,Verdana]-Statics and Dynamics (civil engineering course)..
[FONT=Verdana,Verdana][FONT=Verdana,Verdana]-Statistics of Engineers (systems engineering course)..
-Deterministic/Stochastic modeling (systems engineering course)
[FONT=Verdana,Verdana][FONT=Verdana,Verdana]-Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering (EE course)..
-Computer Aided Systems Engineering (EE course)

Thanks again everyone for your input and guidance.

-Armypilot

[FONT=Verdana,Verdana][FONT=Verdana,Verdana]

Members don't see this ad.

Someone who is an engineer major would be better able to answer this but I know you can list the course as "other science" when you are filling out the application and when they verify your record, they will either include it or disinclude it into your gpa, so really they will ultimately decide for you.

are computer science courses "other science"... or don't fall into any science category?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies - you guys are quick!

I am unsure if computer science courses fall into the other science arena. I am hoping a previous engineer or someone can answer that for us.

-ArmyPilot

Anyone else have an opinion or advise? Thanks!

are environmental sciences counted towards the sGPA?