Science GPA for Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liv4Life

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm graduating this summer and i am thinking about applying to med school. I have an overall GPA of 3.7 and will graduate with a science GPA of approx. 3.0....Is applying with this sort of GPA not such a good idea? Should I consider another occupation? I plan on taking the MCAT this summer. Any advice would be more than welcome. I really want to go to med school but I don't believe this is competitive enough. Thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm graduating this summer and i am thinking about applying to med school. I have an overall GPA of 3.7 and will graduate with a science GPA of approx. 3.0....Is applying with this sort of GPA not such a good idea? Should I consider another occupation? I plan on taking the MCAT this summer. Any advice would be more than welcome. I really want to go to med school but I don't believe this is competitive enough. Thank you for your help.

Break a 30 on the MCATs and you should be good for more of the 'mid-lower tier' schools. From the adcoms that I've talked to, they look at the cGPA a lot more. You'll be more than fine getting into a DO school.

That's my two cents-