Science GPA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnnycash

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would Cultural Anthropology be included in the science gpa? I looked at the FAQ's and physical is included, but I did not see cultural. I remembered the class was genetics-heavy. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Take your best guess as to what category it belongs in. If you are wrong, AACOMAS will correct it when they verify your transcripts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took physical anthro and I put it under "other science." when they verified my coursework I didn't have any issues. if you're trying to raise your BCPM, your SOL. sorry. you can definitely give it a shot, but i'd say just put it under other science so you don't have any issues. good luck

DO schools use BCP for science GPA and don't include math. Not sure if some of the posters using "BCPM" are making typos.

AACOMAS will make corrections without penalties. You could always call/email and hope they respond.

Cultural anthro is not in sciences. It shows you a list of acceptable course for each category. I had a lot of anthro and most didn't go into other science except physical, forensic, and medical. But you can always ask to make sure.