johnnycash

10+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2006
Status
Would Cultural Anthropology be included in the science gpa? I looked at the FAQ's and physical is included, but I did not see cultural. I remembered the class was genetics-heavy. thanks.

vt hokie

10+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2006
richmond, va
Status
Pre-Medical
Take your best guess as to what category it belongs in. If you are wrong, AACOMAS will correct it when they verify your transcripts.

About the Ads

whatdapho

MS-I
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
Status
Medical Student
I took physical anthro and I put it under "other science." when they verified my coursework I didn't have any issues. if you're trying to raise your BCPM, your SOL. sorry. you can definitely give it a shot, but i'd say just put it under other science so you don't have any issues. good luck

HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
The Lone Star State
Status
Attending Physician
DO schools use BCP for science GPA and don't include math. Not sure if some of the posters using "BCPM" are making typos.

AACOMAS will make corrections without penalties. You could always call/email and hope they respond.

fitnessexpert

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Cultural anthro is not in sciences. It shows you a list of acceptable course for each category. I had a lot of anthro and most didn't go into other science except physical, forensic, and medical. But you can always ask to make sure.

About the Ads