Science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msummar_smc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question that I would like to post that has me a bit confused ... please don't flame it, it is an honest question. What classes are considered during the calculation of the science GPA?

I know the 'traditional' science classes such as bio, chem, physics, etc.; but I have seen several people mention on the various posts and boards that calculus is also used and actually some engineering classes.

I always viewed the 'traditional' science classes as the only ones used in the science GPA calcs (and I think I'm right), but seeing others post about calculus and engineering courses has me confused.

Members don't see this ad.

Science GPA: Biology/Chemistry (including Organics)/Physics/Mathematics courses.

You GPA is everything you have taken including your sciences.

Originally posted by Mo007
Science GPA: Biology/Chemistry (including Organics)/Physics/Mathematics courses.

You GPA is everything you have taken including your sciences.

Wow! Hearing that Mathematics courses are included means that my science GPA is WAY understated ... SWEET!

Now does that include only calculus or is it all math classes (algebra, trig, calc, etc.)?

Thanks for the quick response!

Members don't see this ad :)
One would assume that it includes all math classes. Here's a question though...so physical sciences such as Geology or physical geography don't count?

If crap like ecology can count for my science GPA then I imagine geology would too.

Check with AADSAS. In the application packet is a checklist indicating which classes are considered science and which aren't. I don't remember ever seeing math included in a science GPA, though.

they calculated one science gpa with only bio/chen/orgo. physics and another with math and computer science courses included. At least my report had both.

I just checked my AADSAS application, and it has both a science GPA and a BCP GPA. BCP includes bio/chem/physics (if I recall correctly) and science GPA includes bio/chem/physics/math (and other things, but as aphistis already mentioned, check with AADSAS for clarification on what counts). Of course, there will also be a non-science GPA and an overall GPA that gets calculated.

For those of you applying to Texas schools using the TMDSAS, math courses are not counted toward your science GPA.