Science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rgerwin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a couple of questions. First, do psych classes, both behavioral and biological, count in the science GPA? Also, does anyone know what are the average stats for Touro-MI?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about the psych classes, but I think they are not included in BCPM gpa.

For Touro-MI...go here and select demographics:
http://www.tucom.edu/admissions.htm

Class of 2009
Sci GPA 3.2
Cum. GPA 3.3
MCAT 26.25

Class of 2008
Sci GPA 3.3
Cum GPA 3.4
MCAT 26

Hi. THanks. So, probably my neuroscience classes count, but not behavioral psych. I'll maybe ask them about my biology of behavior. Okay, so a 3.0 cum and science would be on the low end, but not out of the ballpark, especially with a stronger MCAT, good recs, shadowing, and research, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
rgerwin said:
Hi. THanks. So, probably my neuroscience classes count, but not behavioral psych. I'll maybe ask them about my biology of behavior. Okay, so a 3.0 cum and science would be on the low end, but not out of the ballpark, especially with a stronger MCAT, good recs, shadowing, and research, right?

neurology is under Biology so goes into BCP
behavorial psych is under behavorial sciences so is NOT in BCP.
You always call and ask.

3.0 with a strong MCAT should get you some interviews. It's always nicer to get closer to the mean thoguh.

Randomly, two of my three majors are psychology and neuroscience and I don't think they really counted for much in the total grading scale for biology.

neurology classes are in your science GPA. Check out the FAQ.

Jamers said:
Randomly, two of my three majors are psychology and neuroscience and I don't think they really counted for much in the total grading scale for biology.