science gpa??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentdent2233

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was just wondering if general chemistry grades and organic chemistry grades were including in the science GPA? I'm a biology major, so I was just wondering if those were also included? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes they will count toward your science GPA. When you fill out your ADEA application it will ask which classes were BCP (biology, chemistry, or physics). These classes will comprise your science GPA.

Yes they will count toward your science GPA. When you fill out your ADEA application it will ask which classes were BCP (biology, chemistry, or physics). These classes will comprise your science GPA.

What about other courses like Calculus, Trigonemotry, Plant Bio, Oceanography? Don't those also constitute the science GPA

Members don't see this ad :)
What about other courses like Calculus, Trigonemotry, Plant Bio, Oceanography? Don't those also constitute the science GPA

I believe the ADEA website said natural and physical sciences, math, etc. are considered in the GPA.

Plant Bio and Oceanography will count but I'm pretty sure that the math classes will not be considered in your Science GPA

I thought BCP and science GPA's were filled out in two different sections. I'm a kineiology major and as far as I know, kinesiology goes under science, but doesn't go under BCP.

For anyone else, do you guys know whether BCP or science GPA is looked at more. It seems like everyone posts their science GPA's but only a handfull posts their BCP GPA's

Hi guys, I was just wondering if general chemistry grades and organic chemistry grades were including in the science GPA? I'm a biology major, so I was just wondering if those were also included? Thanks!

Are all prereqs included in the science GPA?

Q: How are AADSAS GPA's calculated?

A: AADSAS reports a variety of GPA calculations to the dental schools. The grade conversion table and rules used to calculate GPA's can be found in the AADSAS Instructions.

AADSAS reports: overall GPA (undergraduate, graduate and combined); and these undergraduate GPA's: biology-chemistry-physics GPA (BCP); science GPA (all science courses including math, natural sciences and BCP); non-science GPA.
Source: https://aadsas.adea.org/aadsas2008/gpas.html#Q1