Science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2short4life

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if my GPA from my two years at a Community College (got a few guarantees to some UCs so I'll be transferring in the Fall🙂) will be included in my Science GPA (the one that everyone always adds in their thread) since they are all lower division classes. The reason why I'm asking is because I have a B average in my science courses and I hope it won't hurt me in the long run.

Thanks for the input🙂
 
hey nyanko, do you think that is how other schools calculate the science GPA? I thought it was basically in all your science courses...or rather was hoping. I did pretty well in everything except for a B in 1st semester physics...but my later science courses like immunology, biochem I, II, and molec. cell bio tended to cancel that one out. I never thought about that- that they might only calculate the GPA from the pre-reqs. 'Cause I applied to Massey and they only look at the science GPA but never specified if that includes all science classes or only pre-reqs...