Science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pod4life

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you send in your transcripts and grades do they look only at your BCP or is it just overall cumulative GPA and overall science GPA with every science class involved? Also I'm applying in August with a 3.35 overall GPA and a 2.95 science GPA, how do you guys think my chances are? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not so sure about how turning in transcripts work since I will not be applying until this upcoming cycle as well.

Your overall GPA is just about average, but the science GPA is low. I'm kinda in the same situation except I have a lower overall GPA =/ but from what I've picked up from this forum and I've also called various schools to ask about my chances and they said I still have a decent chance. You'll have to do well on MCATs as well and as long as you get involved in activities then you'll get in somewhere. They look at your application overall, so you may be lacking in one area, but hopefully you make it up somewhere else. Hope this helps!

They look at overall gpa, and sci gpa as well as your MCAT. On the AACPM site under the apply now link (at least thats where it used to be) there is a F.A.Q. section... I believe there is where you find out how to calculate your sci gpa

Here is a pretty good gpa calculator that I randomly found back when I was applying.

When you send in your transcripts and grades do they look only at your BCP or is it just overall cumulative GPA and overall science GPA with every science class involved? Also I'm applying in August with a 3.35 overall GPA and a 2.95 science GPA, how do you guys think my chances are? Thanks

Score at least a 20 on the mcat and you are good