HalfListic

Status
Medical Student
I began my undergrad career with the goal of becoming a Spanish teacher. Upon reaching my senior year, I had an epiphany and decided that coming a doctor was my passion. I still am a BA in Foreign Languages & Literature with a concentration in Spanish. I'm giving you a little background, because here is my situation.

When I was a freshman, I took the lowest biology course offered by the school in order to fulfill a req. I made a B in the class and a B in the lab. As a freshman, I thought B's were completely cool :cool::cool: and that this was going to be an easy ride!

Well I now am about to graduate and I am almost completely through with my med school pre reqs. I have all A's except for a B in physics 1 in those required classes. My question: Do I include that low level biology class under sGPA?
Yes, all science courses you have ever taken will be included. But, dont worry about a B! If you have A's and some B's..youre golden GPA-wise.

My "friend" who has been accepted to multiple schools this year even has some C's and, gasp, a D, in his past. Just get A's now that you are an adult and know what you want. :thumbup:

NurWollen

Strong with the Force
10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2007
United States
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I began my undergrad career with the goal of becoming a Spanish teacher. Upon reaching my senior year, I had an epiphany and decided that coming a doctor was my passion. I still am a BA in Foreign Languages & Literature with a concentration in Spanish. I'm giving you a little background, because here is my situation.

When I was a freshman, I took the lowest biology course offered by the school in order to fulfill a req. I made a B in the class and a B in the lab. As a freshman, I thought B's were completely cool :cool::cool: and that this was going to be an easy ride!

Well I now am about to graduate and I am almost completely through with my med school pre reqs. I have all A's except for a B in physics 1 in those required classes. My question: Do I include that low level biology class under sGPA?
All A's except for two B's in your science prereqs and other science classes puts you in an excellent position for both DO and MD schools, assuming you do we'll on the MCAT, have good extracurriculars, etc. ¡Suerte!

Yo también pensaba en llegar a ser maestro de español. Me encanta el idioma. Sin embargo, al observar una clase básica de español me di cuenta de que no podría soportar una clase llena de jóvenes caprichosos... así qué por ésta y otras razones volví a mi plan original de estudiar medicina. Estoy contentísimo con mi decisión.