science LOR = engineering LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentlove

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Engineering LOR counts for Science LOR?
If i'm sending a committee letter does it matter?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure it doesn't but you can ask the schools.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
A committee letter has to be from a pre-med/pre-dental committee at your school. If you send that in then that's all you can use. You cant have a committee letter and other LORs on file.

http://www.adea.org/dental_educatio...n/Pages/LettersofEvaluationMatchingForms.aspx

Did you even read your own link?

Q: I need to submit more than four letters of evaluation. What do I do?
A: ADEA AADSAS can accept up to four letters of evaluation (or one Committee Report plus one letter of evaluation). Contact individual dental schools regarding their policies of accepting additional letters of evaluation.

Did you even read your own link?

Q: I need to submit more than four letters of evaluation. What do I do?
A: ADEA AADSAS can accept up to four letters of evaluation (or one Committee Report plus one letter of evaluation). Contact individual dental schools regarding their policies of accepting additional letters of evaluation.

Please go and proofread the other 3000 posts I've made for accuracy :)

Please go and proofread the other 3000 posts I've made for accuracy :)

If you didn't post info you are guessing on as fact, no one would need to question the veracity of your every post.

I don't understand why you take the time to find a link but don't bother reading it and go with your gut instead?

x

Last edited:
I got my engineering professor to write my second science LOR. None of the schools I applied to had any problems with this except for USC which specifically asked for a science LOR from Bio, Chem, or Physics. I was fortunate enough to get an exception to this rule after I explained my situation (out of school for 3+ years). Best advice would be to check each school's websites for specific wording of what a science LOR needs to be. If it is not specific, it should be okay. If you really want to make sure, just call each school and ask. Good luck.