Science profs - LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Driller23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I just established that profs who write LORs for you have to have actually taught you...knowing your personality well is simply not enough. Go figure.

Question that remains for: Do they science profs have to be from either Bio, Chem, Phys? Can they they be immunology profs or some other higher level science prof?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

That will depend totally on the school. I had schools except all three of my original LOR's and have other schools reject all three!!

To be safe, get them from a pre-req sci prof.

Don't make this part of the app harder then it needs to be. LOR's aren't that important anyway (in the grand view of things)

PDizzle said:
That will depend totally on the school. I had schools except all three of my original LOR's and have other schools reject all three!!

To be safe, get them from a pre-req sci prof.

Don't make this part of the app harder then it needs to be. LOR's aren't that important anyway (in the grand view of things)

Just for interests sake: The schools that rejected your LOR's, did they let you get new ones sent in? Or did they deny you admisson just cuz of this that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Driller23 said:
Just for interests sake: The schools that rejected your LOR's, did they let you get new ones sent in? Or did they deny you admisson just cuz of this that?

UCSF rejected all three of my LOR's and as you can see from my sig, they let me get new ones :)

PDizzle said:
UCSF rejected all three of my LOR's and as you can see from my sig, they let me get new ones :)
So which profs did you get it from?