Science Project

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZpackSux

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You know when you were in grade school...in art class making clay art... it never fails...some ingenius kid rolls up the clay and make it into a nice shaped animal dropping... only to rework it into something more respectable?

Well... here is my revenge to all those art class teachers who said we couldn't make poop out of clay...

Can't present dung beetle without some poop.... :smuggrin:

dsc04165tv7.jpg

dsc04166fu1.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

I smell a parent teacher conference.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know when you were in grade school...in art class making clay art... it never fails...some ingenius kid rolls up the clay and make it into a nice shaped animal dropping... only to rework it into something more respectable?

Well... here is my revenge to all those art class teachers who said we couldn't make poop out of clay...

Can't present dung beetle without some poop.... :smuggrin:

dsc04165tv7.jpg

dsc04166fu1.jpg

What the hell..........???? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What the hell..........???? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

It's my 2nd grader's science project. She has to present an insect. Haven't you been keeping up with my saga? Or are you too busy gettin accepted to pharmacy school.....:smuggrin:

It's my 2nd grader's science project. She has to present an insect. Haven't you been keeping up with my saga? Or are you too busy gettin accepted to pharmacy school.....:smuggrin:

I remember seeing something about that somewhere around here.........hhmmmmmmmm....so what's the final grade on the pile of crap???

I remember seeing something about that somewhere around here.........hhmmmmmmmm....so what's the final grade on the pile of crap???

Don't know...it's due Friday...

I'll either get summoned to the principal's office or my daughter will be one popular kid this Friday..

Hey..I resemble that remark.... it's one pile of crap, one dungball, and one beautiful dung beetle..

I remember when I made it to the County Science Fair, this girl who is currently one of the most respected student-academic types in the nation ($200,000+ in scholarships, invited to Nobel Prizes in Sweden, founded American Cancer Society for Kids, was on the USA Today National Academic "First-Team", Harvard, Yale, Oxford, Berkley, Princeton, etc, were fighting over her, etc, etc.) was my competition. Mine was a volcano. I think her's was something about the differences in EKGs in MI patients with and without some rare genetic disorder. This was, like, the 5th ****ing grade.

I got owned.

It's so damn wrong hahahahahahahahaha!

That is quite possibly the finest dung beetle and environment that I've seen in a long time. Props to the artiste for the diorama. What's the dung beetle made from? It's.... it's...... it's just breathtaking.

That is quite possibly the finest dung beetle and environment that I've seen in a long time. Props to the artiste for the diorama. What's the dung beetle made from? It's.... it's...... it's just breathtaking.

oh...why thank you...

Clay

I remember when I made it to the County Science Fair, this girl who is currently one of the most respected student-academic types in the nation ($200,000+ in scholarships, invited to Nobel Prizes in Sweden, founded American Cancer Society for Kids, was on the USA Today National Academic "First-Team", Harvard, Yale, Oxford, Berkley, Princeton, etc, were fighting over her, etc, etc.) was my competition. Mine was a volcano. I think her's was something about the differences in EKGs in MI patients with and without some rare genetic disorder. This was, like, the 5th ****ing grade.

I got owned.

Loser!

Members don't see this ad :)
Add some sand!

Oh, and I know that these might not have the most appropriate language, but I saw these cartoons and thought of you, Zpak:

dung_lg.gif

1999-04-23.gif

I wonder, though, why dung beetles drinking away their sorrows seems to be a common theme?

Add some sand!

Oh, and I know that these might not have the most appropriate language, but I saw these cartoons and thought of you, Zpak:

dung_lg.gif

1999-04-23.gif

I wonder, though, why dung beetles drinking away their sorrows seems to be a common theme?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good job Little Miss Sux (oh - you too Zpak)!

So...do we have a poster board to go along with this??? Hmm - habitat, behavior, historal relationship (ie ancient Egypt), reproduction (oooops - second grade - they're beyond this:oops: )?

I agree - a bit of dirt/sand would look nice. How about some spun sugar for a brood ball or two???

Ah - too late in TX. She (hmmm you??) did a good job!

Congrats little Miss Sux....show us the blue ribbon when it comes.

So...do we have a poster board to go along with this??? Hmm - habitat, behavior, historal relationship (ie ancient Egypt), reproduction (oooops - second grade - they're beyond this:oops: )?

I agree - a bit of dirt/sand would look nice. How about some spun sugar for a brood ball or two???

Now that's what I'm talking about. Cotton candy with a dung beetle and clay poo. Hey and instead of sand, brown sugar.:laugh:

Seriously though, that is a cool beetle. Probably sell on EBay after you get the ribbon.:horns:

That dung beetle looks like chocolate. Yum.

It's starting to sound like the "skin" cakes from home ec. Complete with black licorice hair, vanilla pudding pus, and red/blue colored icing for vessels. Yummy.

oh...why thank you...

Clay

No...... tell me your name isn't really "Clay"..... that brings a whole 'nother level of wrongness into the mix.

No...... tell me your name isn't really "Clay"..... that brings a whole 'nother level of wrongness into the mix.

My name is not clay....

u asked what it was made of....

Clay.

She has to give 5 clues... and have people guess what it is... ehhh... the first clue gives it a way...

rolls dung into a ball....

It's starting to sound like the "skin" cakes from home ec. Complete with black licorice hair, vanilla pudding pus, and red/blue colored icing for vessels. Yummy.

too much imagination...

would have loved to see the outcome of this "science project"...

that is one fine dung beetle!