Scientific Meetings!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exigente chica

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do all of you guys present your data at Scientific meetings? If, so what meetings have you attended?:p

Members don't see this ad.

Jot, I saw that you attended NCUR last year, I was also there! Didn't see you? When did you present? I presented on Thursday.
Good luck with your applications!

hah - there was a ton of people there - didn't catch the only guy in a turban in the middle of wisconsin?! i don't even remember what day i presented - thursday sounds about right - my friends and i gave an ad hoc "dance" performance to keep things lively in wisconsin; god knows they needed it. :D

i also presented at a bayesian symposium (branch of statistics that my computational bio research relates to) and a surgical conference - both of which i neglected to put in my apps. yeah me.

-jot

Members don't see this ad :)
It was definetly a interesting trip! That is all that I can say. The day before I flew in from a confrence in New Orleans, so the weather alone killed me.
Nope, didn't see the dance either, after we presented we looked around and went home..it was TOOO cold!:oops:

what is your research on? yeah it was pretty beat around there. it was quite a varied affair, i saw just a little excellent research, and then some really wacky stuff mixed in. i **** you not: take a look

hah - if you notice in the picture - his membership card is on the board. i had to get a pic of this guy.
-jot

I agree totally, there were some serious extremes at NCUR. Most of the talks that I went, no one was prepared and used notecards!! Maybe it's just my anal school but have to know our stuff before we get on the plane.
Alot of the posters were on some very interesting topics and presented in a "different" kind of way. They did some good things, but the presentation of it was just took away from the project.
My research was on the Effects of Free Fatty Acids in the Insulin Signaling Pathway...great stuff.. I love Biochem!:love: