SCO and ICO Interviews

Started by optguy31
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

optguy31

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I have interviews with SCO and ICO coming up soon and I was wondering if anyone had any tips. Are there any essays or anything out of the ordinary I should be aware of? Also, is it true that SCO’s class is almost full? You guys can feel free to leave any pros/cons of attending either of these schools too just so I have them for record and see if my experience when visiting isn’t consistent with some of the things you guys say. I’m probably gonna end up having a tough time choosing a school to go to so any feedback will help. Thanks!!!
 
For ICO you start off with some snacks, they do a file review going over grades and transcripts, then you write a 10 minute essay then you talk to Bryant the finanical aid and he gives you a presentation, then you meet with a career person that talks about a bunch of career stuff, then you have the interview about 30-45mins long super chill and relaxed just a conversation, then you go on tour and eat lunch. Just be prepared to backup any discrepancies in your transcript and be yourself
 
SCO’s either starts or ends with lunch- depends on what group you’re in. There are no essays and for the most part is pretty nice (I could be biased cause I go here lol). They are open book so make sure you can explain any blemishes on your application.

I don’t know exactly if the class is full- I do think they’ve had a lot of students accept but that doesn’t necessarily mean they paid their deposit. We had a girl drop out after signing a lease in Memphis so I wouldn’t be too discouraged.