BYUIDoctor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2007
Illinois
Status
Optometrist
For all those who have applied to SCO, what is the status on your application? The website says it should take 3 to 5 days to process it, but it is now almost a month later and they still haven't fully processed my application. When I called the school, they double checked to make sure I had everything (which I did) but they said they have already received over 250 applications. I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard anything back, and especially what their online application status is.

Thanks!

JMU07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
VA
Status
Optometrist
I was wondering the same thing, I check mine a lot (too much, lol) and they haven't fully processed mine either.. still waiting on an LOR but my prof told me the day she sent them out so they probably just haven't gotten to it yet. Sunnie is going to be here at JMU tomorrow to chat with the pre-optometry students so maybe I can find out some specifics then!

Oogilily

Soccer rules all
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2006
Status
Optometry Student
My online application status says that they have received everything also. I haven't heard anything from them either. Hopefully we'll all start hearing things soon! Good luck to everybody applying!

About the Ads

JMU07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
VA
Status
Optometrist
Hey guys! I talked to Sunnie today and she said that they are sending out letters either today or tomorrow for the first batch of interviews. They're on Fridays, and they begin next week (the 21st).. so we should hear something soon!!

good luck! :)

BYUIDoctor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2007
Illinois
Status
Optometrist
The website says that the first interviews aren't until the first Friday in October. Did they change it?

Wow! If they haven't even sent out invitations for interviews yet and they are next friday, that's not much notice at all!!!

Good luck everyone.

JMU07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
VA
Status
Optometrist
I'm not sure, I couldn't find where on the website it said that (I feel like I remember seeing that somewhere though). Sunnie said they're starting on the 21st, so I hope they notify us soon!

brownyeyed

10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2007
Status
Pre-Optometry
whooohooo!! got an invite from e-mail! scheduled it for 9/21. anyone else for that day?? sooo excited!!!!!!

JMU07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
VA
Status
Optometrist
I'm scheduled for 9/21 too!! What time is your interview? Mine is at 1 :D

JMU07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
VA
Status
Optometrist
I'm scheduled for 1.. my plane doesn't arrive in Memphis til about 9 that morning so I wanted to make sure I had enough time to make myself presentable.. lol

JMU07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
VA
Status
Optometrist
mine is at 9 on the 21st...i'll be driving and arriving the night before!
Good luck! How far of a drive is it for you? I would have loved to drive too but I would have had to miss an extra day of classes.. it's about 13 hours for me.

Oogilily

Soccer rules all
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2006
Status
Optometry Student
Congrats guys! I am interviewing at SCO on the 28th though so I won't see you there. I am doing houston interview on the 21st. Good luck to everybody!

BYUIDoctor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2007
Illinois
Status
Optometrist
I originally posted that I was going for the 21st, but I've decided to go on October 5th. I'm saving about $300 by waiting a few weeks. Too bad I can't be there on the first day of interviews.

Keep us all updated on your acceptances!

brownyeyed

10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2007
Status
Pre-Optometry
Good luck! How far of a drive is it for you? I would have loved to drive too but I would have had to miss an extra day of classes.. it's about 13 hours for me.
its about a 5-6 hour drive for me
good luck to all of you!!

spanisheyes

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2007
Status
Optometry Student
I have an interview on the 21st as well at 9. I wonder how many people they schedule at once. I had no idea that was the first interview day. I'm a little nervous, but excited!

About the Ads