SCO or UHCO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bcarlin01

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which school is better UHCO or SCO. I got accepted to both and can't decide. Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! Personally, I know a lot of Dr's that graduated from SCO and they said they loved it and that it was an excellent school with a good clinical experience. I haven't heard anything, good or bad, about UHCO but I would say just from looking at their website that it is an excellent school as well. Which is cheaper? Do you prefer living in the Houston metro area? Do you have any family near one of the schools? Check the rent/housing situation at both. You're gonna graduate with the same degree from either one. Hope this helps!

What state are you from? I just got a letter in the mail sayng UHCO had been removed from the NC contract program effective entering class of 2008. It didn't say why? Now SCO, PCO, and UAB are NC contract schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you mind sharing your stats? I have applied to UHCO and still have not heard back from them. I am wondering if my scores are too low?

Would you mind sharing your stats? I have applied to UHCO and still have not heard back from them. I am wondering if my scores are too low?

me too. cant get a hold of dr. lanny shulman since september.:eek:

Which school is better UHCO or SCO. I got accepted to both and can't decide. Please help.

I said this in the SCO/PCO thread too, but SCO! :) Although, I don't know anything about UHCO because it wasn't one of the schools I applied to. SCO has low tuition even if you don't live in a contract state (like me) and the cost of living in Memphis is super low. Not to mention the school is excellent!

I said this in the SCO/PCO thread too, but SCO! :) Although, I don't know anything about UHCO because it wasn't one of the schools I applied to. SCO has low tuition even if you don't live in a contract state (like me) and the cost of living in Memphis is super low. Not to mention the school is excellent!

UHCO has a crap load of lab couses, from what i understand. its a decent school but they prefer Texas students since they get alot from the baylor area.

hey, for those of you who got accepted to UHCO, would you mind sharing ur stats? :confused: