Scope Of Dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Blackstars

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys can someone please clarify this for me. I was going through the application book for the DAT. On the chemistry section under GASES, it has the following: Kinetic molecular theory of gases, Daltons, Charles, Boyle's and Ideal gas law. It does not mention anything about Diffusion and Effusion nor the real gas law. I also noticed in the kaplan book it briefly mentions these with the equations, but does not go into detail or provide any calcuations using the equations. My question is should I only concentrate on the topics listed under the Scope of Examination from the ADA, or is all the topics in the General Chemistry book a fair game on the DAT. Thanks
 
I know effusion/diffusion and the real gas law is in the Kaplan Blue Book. But I know personally that they were not on my DAT. Maybe someone else has had them on theirs. But personally, I think that the DAT will not extend beyond the scope posted on the ADA website.

It also doesn't take much effort to learn effusion/diffusion and the real gas law equations, so I'd play it safe and learn them.
 
Effusion and Diffusion are fairly basic concepts and you should know them...nothing technical there. But i would really be suprised to see a non-ideal gas question...