scope of practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brighteyes5555

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what states allow the greatest scope of practice? does anyone know where i can find a side by side comparison of optometric laws in various states? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

what states allow the greatest scope of practice? does anyone know where i can find a side by side comparison of optometric laws in various states? thanks.

1) Who can tell the class why this poster's question is completely irrelevant?

2) For extra credit, who can tell the class what the question that poster SHOULD be asking is??

;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Im not sure if this is what you are getting at, but the laws regarding scope of practice are always changing. What might be true today, amy not be true tomorrow. A recent example is the change of scope for CA OD's.

i'm a new member and therefore perhaps a naive poster, but i was more asking for interview prep. than any other purpose. i'm really not interested in optometry because i want to preform ocular injections etc. i want to help people see clearly and refract, but in order to do this i have to get into school and anticipate interview questions. thanks for the posts.

1) Who can tell the class why this poster's question is completely irrelevant?

2) For extra credit, who can tell the class what the question that poster SHOULD be asking is??

;)

1. Just because there's a wide scope doesn't mean you're gonna get paid for it.

2. Which states allow optometrists to bill a variety of different [medical] insurance companies?