score calculator question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harv1212

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
for the clinical review score calc ... when you enter in usmle world averages ... is it usually based on your entire history ... or your most recent exams

i started usuing world as i was starting studying and was in the 50's ... now as I'm about to take my exam I'm constantly in the mid 70's .... my average tho is 65 .... so is it fair to take the average of the last 500 q's???? haha anyone have any idea on this???

Members don't see this ad.

lol i'm sure that there is no "official" committee or ruling on this. that calculator seems way WAY too overinflated as well.

just use the last 500 or so like you said if you want a confidence boost. i doubt it was meant for the "learning process" of uworld

I think the entirety of your Uw makes more sense. IMO that's the best predictor of your step performance if you 1) finished Uw and 2) did it during your dedicated study period (simply bc it's many more qs than a nbme or sa.)
My estimator from people I've talked to shakes out like:

55% = 220
65% = 230
73% = 240
80% = 250
85% = 260

all #s +/- 10.

for the clinical review score calc ... when you enter in usmle world averages ... is it usually based on your entire history ... or your most recent exams

i started usuing world as i was starting studying and was in the 50's ... now as I'm about to take my exam I'm constantly in the mid 70's .... my average tho is 65 .... so is it fair to take the average of the last 500 q's???? haha anyone have any idea on this???
You are going to get a 236.

usmlerx score prediction 248
usmleworld cumulative 69.54% -> clinical review prediction 248/99

actual score 249/99

psychics!