Score Drop Possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jansport

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my real test on Thursday. I took NBME 6 about 2.5 weeks ago and got a 226. There was some stuff that I was weak on when I took NBME 6, and have studied that, while reviewing the stuff I already studied.

I'm kind of nervous cause I was getting ~70% on USMLE world lately, and then dropped on my last 5 section to like 54, 84, 63, 67, then 54 on sections this past week (all unused). I am freaking out! I want a 240, but could this be due to the distribution of questions? There is a large proportion of pathology questions that were left. Is it possible that I would drop below 226 on the real test?! I am afraid I might have fallen outta my groove cause I've been doing less questions lately, but then the 84% speaks otherwise.

What's best to do in the next two days? I feel that maybe I should review my last couple sets of questions I did did but haven't reviewed (~250 questions total to review and I'll be done with UWorld). Anyone have this experience? I have been studying for 3 months, and reviewing throughout and especially this last week.

Is it worth taking another NBME at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

What's best to do in the next two days? I feel that maybe I should review my last couple sets of questions I did did but haven't reviewed (~250 questions total to review and I'll be done with UWorld). Anyone have this experience? I have been studying for 3 months, and reviewing throughout and especially this last week.

Is it worth taking another NBME at this point?

don't fall into the trap of obsessing over NBME practice test scores and especially UWorld percentages (which mean absolutely nothing). Definitely review the questions you did in UWorld. You should not have done the questions in timed mode to begin with. Definitely DO NOT take another NBME ...work on your weaknesses and review last minute things like lists that need to be memorized.

good luck

hey even im in the same boat, my exam is tomorrow, havnt got the time to take nbme. n scoring around 70%. im so freaked out right now, dont know what to do. gud luck to both us , i hope for good.