Score on CORE exam and job prospects

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

futureSuperStar

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Assuming one passes, does the score one obtains on the radiology CORE exam during residency matter? I obviously want to study hard to become a solid radiologist and clinician, but will my score affect job prospects?
 
Assuming one passes, does the score one obtains on the radiology CORE exam during residency matter? I obviously want to study hard to become a solid radiologist and clinician, but will my score affect job prospects?

literally no one I ever worked with cared. Neither did fellowships.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a percentile?

not on the score report. my program director offered to us to tell us what quartile we were in for each section, but I didn't care enough to have that conversation. so presumably PDs have more info but the score report you get is just nonsensical numbers with a bar graph and passing threshold lines
 
Assuming one passes, does the score one obtains on the radiology CORE exam during residency matter? I obviously want to study hard to become a solid radiologist and clinician, but will my score affect job prospects?
Can you still get a jo without passing the core exam? Or is it required to be passed before starting a job