score release?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soccerpunk60

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been asked 1000 times, but when do scores come out? I just took it today, is there a certain date for all the test takers within a few week period that scores come out? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure this question has been asked 1000 times, but when do scores come out? I just took it today, is there a certain date for all the test takers within a few week period that scores come out? Thanks

July 14 if you took it after May 15.

really?

I thought if you take test on Monday, you need wait 3 and half weeks to get your result.

So they changed the test format, and they said up to those people who took the test in late June, that scores would be out Jul 14.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like anyone who takes their test between May 15th and June 30th will get theirs on July 14th.

After June 30th it will no longer be at least 3 Wednesdays till July 14th, so those students might have to wait the usual 3 Wednesdays (hence July 21st or 28th, or later as appropriate)?

Where do you get the scores? Do they send an e-mail? Snail mail? Check online?

It seems like anyone who takes their test between May 15th and June 30th will get theirs on July 14th.

After June 30th it will no longer be at least 3 Wednesdays till July 14th, so those students might have to wait the usual 3 Wednesdays (hence July 21st or 28th, or later as appropriate)?

where did they say this? is it on the nbme website or is it just conjecture?

where did they say this? is it on the nbme website or is it just conjecture?

Yeah, it said so on the USMLE website... Can't find the link right now. But basically, because of the format change (46 question blocks, longer stems) they wanted to collect more data before releasing scores so people who got the new version of the test basically have to wait a few weeks longer than the usual 3 Wednesdays rule.

That said... I really hope it's ON July 14th and not "after July 14th". I don't think I could wait till the 21st or later... :(

Yeah, it said so on the USMLE website... Can't find the link right now. But basically, because of the format change (46 question blocks, longer stems) they wanted to collect more data before releasing scores so people who got the new version of the test basically have to wait a few weeks longer than the usual 3 Wednesdays rule.

That said... I really hope it's ON July 14th and not "after July 14th". I don't think I could wait till the 21st or later... :(

I just got an email from my school's medical affairs office saying that they expect the scores the morning of July 14th.

July 14 if you took it after May 15.

Oh gosh... I had NO idea about this! I took mine last week, on 29th June. I was totally prepared to wait for weeks and weeks to get my score. And now, July 14th is next week!!! Yikes. That's like 2 weeks from my test date....

Late June could mean anything. It could be from June 23rd (the week before the month ends) to June 30th, the very last Friday of the month.