score report abnormality

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cowboy_x

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I took step 2 this august and scored 166. 2 odd things happened though:
1. Everyone else at my school who took the exam when I did all received their scores on the same day, as the NBME releases scores of tests taken through a given date each Wednesday. I didn't receive my score for another 2 weeks.

2. My score report lists me as having taken the exam at the incorrect site, though one in the same state.

I've emailed and called the NBME on multiple occasions, but no one seems to be able to help me. My emails are forwarded from one department to the next, and my phone calls are bounced around to multiple different departments, where everyone claims that I should speak with someone else.

I would ask my dean for help, but I have a history of doing terribly on standardized tests - took me 3 shots to pass step one, did generally lousy on shelf exams (averaged about 20th percentile, passed 5 of 6 on first try). As the year went on however, I did improve on SHELF exams. In fact, I scored a 46th percentile on Ob, and my step II score report lists me well into the failing range on the ob section, which I took only 2 weeks later.

Anyone care to comment?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

cowboy_x said:
and my phone calls are bounced around to multiple different departments, where everyone claims that I should speak with someone else.

Grow some balls. Whoever you speak to, ask to talk with their supervisor. ;)

cowboy_x said:
Hi everyone,

I took step 2 this august and scored 166. 2 odd things happened though:
1. Everyone else at my school who took the exam when I did all received their scores on the same day, as the NBME releases scores of tests taken through a given date each Wednesday. I didn't receive my score for another 2 weeks.

2. My score report lists me as having taken the exam at the incorrect site, though one in the same state.

I've emailed and called the NBME on multiple occasions, but no one seems to be able to help me. My emails are forwarded from one department to the next, and my phone calls are bounced around to multiple different departments, where everyone claims that I should speak with someone else.

I would ask my dean for help, but I have a history of doing terribly on standardized tests - took me 3 shots to pass step one, did generally lousy on shelf exams (averaged about 20th percentile, passed 5 of 6 on first try). As the year went on however, I did improve on SHELF exams. In fact, I scored a 46th percentile on Ob, and my step II score report lists me well into the failing range on the ob section, which I took only 2 weeks later.

Anyone care to comment?
Thanks!

call them cuz there seems to be something fishy going on there. What state are you in?