Gurl21

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
366
0
Status
I just took a Kaplan subject test for Gen Chem and got 6 q's wrong out of 30. Does anybody know approximately what score that would be on the DAT? About how many q's can u miss to get a ~21? Thanks!
 

TX Hopeful

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2004
124
0
Status
Gurl21 said:
I just took a Kaplan subject test for Gen Chem and got 6 q's wrong out of 30. Does anybody know approximately what score that would be on the DAT? About how many q's can u miss to get a ~21? Thanks!
For GChem from Barron's

Standard Score / # Correct
30/ --
29/ --
28/ 30
27/ --
26/ --
25/ 29
24/ --
23/ 28
22/ --
21/ 27
20/ 26
19/ 24-25
18/ 22-23
17/ 20-21
16/ 18-19
15/ 16-17
14/ 13-15
13/ 11-12

I hope you don't need the scale beyond that. Good Luck!
 

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
214
0
Status
Gurl21 said:
I just took a Kaplan subject test for Gen Chem and got 6 q's wrong out of 30. Does anybody know approximately what score that would be on the DAT? About how many q's can u miss to get a ~21? Thanks!

really doesnt matter. kaplan wasnt nothing like dat in my opinion.
 
OP
Gurl21

Gurl21

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
366
0
Status
yeah, how come you can't get a 30 in gchem?
 
OP
Gurl21

Gurl21

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
366
0
Status
vertical bite said:
really doesnt matter. kaplan wasnt nothing like dat in my opinion.
How do they differ, in your opinion?
 

crazy_sherm

å♪▼æ╬‼▄·
10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
1,182
8
San Francisco
Status
Dentist
Gurl21 said:
How do they differ, in your opinion?
I found everything on the actual DAT a little easier than Kaplan except for the PAT. Definitely find an additional PAT resource to supplement the Kaplan tests.
 

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
214
0
Status
crazy_sherm said:
I found everything on the actual DAT a little easier than Kaplan except for the PAT. Definitely find an additional PAT resource to supplement the Kaplan tests.


word up !!!
 

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
1,703
5
39
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
crazy_sherm said:
I found everything on the actual DAT a little easier than Kaplan except for the PAT. Definitely find an additional PAT resource to supplement the Kaplan tests.
Yah I would say that kaplan uses the scare technique. PAT section from kaplan is horrible, outdated and not anything like the real DAT.

HD
 
OP
Gurl21

Gurl21

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
366
0
Status
hockeydentist said:
Yah I would say that kaplan uses the scare technique. PAT section from kaplan is horrible, outdated and not anything like the real DAT.

HD
What do you mean it's outdated? What are the better resources out there for PAT? Thanks