Scores, etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NMH2001

Ferret Momma
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did some search on this one-didn't come up with an answer...

I'm a DO student planning to go allopathic when the time comes to apply for residency. Suppose I crap out on the COMLEX, but do a decent job on the USMLE. I would think allopathic programs would look at the USMLE score over the COMLEX anyway, but I just wanted to hear some opinions from anyone who may have been through a scenario like this... :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

NMH2001 said:
Did some search on this one-didn't come up with an answer...

I'm a DO student planning to go allopathic when the time comes to apply for residency. Suppose I crap out on the COMLEX, but do a decent job on the USMLE. I would think allopathic programs would look at the USMLE score over the COMLEX anyway, but I just wanted to hear some opinions from anyone who may have been through a scenario like this... :confused:
most places can't even interpret the COMLEX correct anyways. Its obviously easier to compare apples to apples.

Plus, you don't have to submit your COMLEX score if you don't want to, just submit your USMLE. I doubt most places would say "gee, i see you did well on yoru USMLE but what's your COMLEX?"

Q