Scoring the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know the ranges for the sections, but what is the formula for determining what is a 9, a 12, or a 15 in a section?
 
Originally posted by JulianCrane:
•I know the ranges for the sections, but what is the formula for determining what is a 9, a 12, or a 15 in a section?•••

Well, the way I scored my tests was to use the scales on the back of the AAMC tests.
 
The scoring is percentile based, not percent based. It will be different for each and every test administration. There isn't even any way to estimate.