MCAT and residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premed_1234

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I looked this up, and I found a couple posts from 20~ years ago where residency applicants mentioned being asked about their MCAT score during interviews. Some people were required to submit their score to certain programs, or their dean letter mentioned it.

Is this still a thing, or am I in the clear? I'm most likely matriculating to a school where I'm below the median MCAT so I'm wondering if this could affect me down the road.
 
I looked this up, and I found a couple posts from 20~ years ago where residency applicants mentioned being asked about their MCAT score during interviews. Some people were required to submit their score to certain programs, or their dean letter mentioned it.

Is this still a thing, or am I in the clear? I'm most likely matriculating to a school where I'm below the median MCAT so I'm wondering if this could affect me down the road.
I don't think MCAT score reports are required on ERAS.

 
In general, residencies will not care about your MCAT score. They will, however, focus on your STEP scores and the other elements of the ERAS application.