Scramble after scramble?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bgmds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a US grad who decided to take a year off after medical school - dumb I now know more than ever :mad::confused:

I scrambled unsuccessfully and am now looking for next steps... during my year off I did however complete a Masters degree, will hopefully be published, and worked.

Any advice or open spots still available would be most appreciated... Just starting to feel a bit lost...

Members don't see this ad.

I am a US grad who decided to take a year off after medical school - dumb I now know more than ever :mad::confused:

I scrambled unsuccessfully and am now looking for next steps... during my year off I did however complete a Masters degree, will hopefully be published, and worked.

Any advice or open spots still available would be most appreciated... Just starting to feel a bit lost...

What field are you trying to get into? You graduated in 2011? What is your master's in? Research?

What field are you trying to get into? You graduated in 2011? What is your master's in? Research?
Master's in Public health
Graduated in 2010
I was originally going for Peds... but right now I don't care I want so badly to be back in a hospital right now ...

Master's in Public health
Graduated in 2010
I was originally going for Peds... but right now I don't care I want so badly to be back in a hospital right now ...

Did you apply in peds during the regular match cycle? How come you did not scramble into peds? There are some positions open still in a number of fields, particularly in IM/FP and even peds, as well as path, psych, etc. Have you looked at residentswap? That's where I'm seeing them. Can your school/dean help you at all?