Scramble: Fax or send through ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych7711

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If we have to scramble, why do we need a fax machine?

Can't we just sent our application through ERAS?

If a program asks to fax the application, what do you send? The only thing I can print out is the CV, CAF and personal statement. Do I need to get a copy of my dean's letter, letters, USMLE transcript, etc to fax???

Members don't see this ad.

ERAS only allows you to apply to 30 programs, so if you wish to apply to more you'll need to do it outside of ERAS and have your own FAX machine.

If a program asks to fax the application, what do you send? The only thing I can print out is the CV, CAF and personal statement. Do I need to get a copy of my dean's letter, letters, USMLE transcript, etc to fax???

I would say that at least you need copies of your USMLE transcript and med school transcript in addition to the CV, CAF and personal statement.

Agree with the above.

If you are a US grad, your Dean's office will have copies of everything else and will be able to fax it. If you have already graduated and will not be at your Dean;s office for the scramble, then you absolutely must have a copy of your Dean's letter -- you can request one from your Dean and they will usually share a copy with you.

If you are an IMG, then the Dean's letter is of less importance. If you can get a copy, it's better.