scramble for preliminary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

narcotics999

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to scramble into a preliminary spot tomorrow. Any suggestion of avoiding certain (or certain types of) programs? I don't want to get myself killed by over-working.....Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I need to scramble into a preliminary spot tomorrow. Any suggestion of avoiding certain (or certain types of) programs? I don't want to get myself killed by over-working.....Thanks.

To those scrambling for prelim tomorrow, check out the prelim IM program in Roanoke, VA. It usually has a couple spots open to scramble. It is a very tolerable internship. Probably pretty similar to a medium workload transitional year. Good luck.

avoid Q2

I would say avoid Q2-Q10 but I don't know if you can be that picky.

Members don't see this ad :)
double check that the roanoke program meets the anesthesiology requirements that changed this year.
as far as i know, bagas, your program no longer fufills the requirements for anesthesia.... i applied to it (because you recommended it ;-) and they emailed me saying they no longer meet the requirements as the they changed for anesthesia this year....

double check that the roanoke program meets the anesthesiology requirements that changed this year.
as far as i know, bagas, your program no longer fufills the requirements for anesthesia.... i applied to it (because you recommended it ;-) and they emailed me saying they no longer meet the requirements as the they changed for anesthesia this year....

I think that is only the transitional year. The prelim year still should meet requirements since it has one ICU month and you have 5 electives where you can add unit months as needed. Transitional year requirements are like 1 month wards, 2 months golf, 2 months tanning, and the rest is vacation/electives. It is the sweetest internship year I have ever witnessed.