Scramble Inquiry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lauderdale75

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi --

First of all, I just want to say I did a search before starting a new thread on this inquiry.

In anticipation of next month's match, and even worse, the possibility of not matching - I just wanted to know how someone identifies the programs that have unfilled spots. After reading the posts, Im pretty familiar with the scramble process - but, I just want to make sure I have up-to-date information on positions available.

By way of background, I intend on ranking 7 programs of the 9 I interviewed for in General Surgery.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

First off, are you a NSUCOM student or a UM student? Just curious.

During Match Week, the unmatched programs as well as teh unmatched students will be contacted. I think the day after they are contacted, the unmatched programs information will be given out.

However, if you match, you wont' hear anything until Match Day.

Q, DO

Quinn -- thanks for the follow up. I go to SGU (Caribbean) - but in fact, I did graduate from Nova -- law school that is -- but I digress.

I did pretty well at SGU (top 10 percent) 240's on Steps 1 and 2. Still I cant help but fear that match process so I wanted to know how scramble will pan out. I didnt get any interviews in Florida and like I said, 9 interviews throughout primarily New England. I dont really want to move up to the area, but I have to do whats best for the career.

Statistically, 7 or 8 ranks on your ROL should put you in the vast majority of people who do match.

If you don't match, you will get contacted from the NRMP or your school about your unmatched status, and the next day you will be allowed to contact programs that are unmatched.

Good luck!

Q, DO