Scramble Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panganibanMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've tried researching, and I've gotten mixed answers on this. Are we allowed to apply to the programs before contacting them (i.e. start sending apps once the unfilled positions list is released) or are we supposed to talk to them before we send our apps?

Members don't see this ad.

You do not need permission from programs to send them an application for an unfilled spot...as a matter of fact, you may find it hard to actually get someone on the phone unless they have interviewed you and know you (in which case, yes...you should call as soon as you know you didn't match and they have an unfilled position).

So send away on ERAS or any other modality which works...just be aware that some programs will be filled by the time your stuff arrives.

Thanks for the info. I will be using ERAS and email; faxing will be a last resort for me. With respects to emailing my application, would it be okay to send the same email to multiple programs (meaning to have multiple email addresses under the same email vs. sending the same email to each program one at a time)? I just want to make sure that I do it properly. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the info. I will be using ERAS and email; faxing will be a last resort for me. With respects to emailing my application, would it be okay to send the same email to multiple programs (meaning to have multiple email addresses under the same email vs. sending the same email to each program one at a time)? I just want to make sure that I do it properly. Thanks again for your help.

I don't think there is any hard and fast rules. You can always Blind CC so they won't see who else gets the emails.