Scrambling for prelim

Started by HYJunkie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HYJunkie

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I matched in an advanced program, and now I am pretty desperate since this day brought me no prelim...

Some people claim that I should call the program where I matched and I should ask them for assistance. Is this a good idea?

Aside from that, I'd appreciate any possible pointers, or previous experience. I've had a lot of trouble contacting programs: full voicemails, e-mail delivery failures, faxes malfunctioning etc. It's getting pretty frustrating right now. :scared:
 
Did you try scarmbling into your home program? I'm sure you'll get a prelim spot, but it might be less than ideal.
 
Hi all,

I matched in an advanced program, and now I am pretty desperate since this day brought me no prelim...

Some people claim that I should call the program where I matched and I should ask them for assistance. Is this a good idea?

Aside from that, I'd appreciate any possible pointers, or previous experience. I've had a lot of trouble contacting programs: full voicemails, e-mail delivery failures, faxes malfunctioning etc. It's getting pretty frustrating right now. :scared:

I didn't get through to many neurology programs over the phone. Most of my calls (5-6) came directly from program directors who had seen my application just sorting through eras (I applied to all immediately without calling) without me calling them although it was later in the day for those who I didn't call. There weren't that many neurology programs compared to internal medicine prelim of course but it seems to me you should try mass eras applying after getting an updated unfilled program list from nrmp and then just continue calling with help from some people if possible.