Scrap paper during the exam? (long calculations..)

msjang

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering how much scrap paper do they give you during the exam?
From what I have heard in my kaplan course, they give 2 full sheets, front and back for scrap, then if you need anymore, you have to leave your seat and ask for more, which takes up precious time...something that I really need every sec of...

I write kind of big, so am worried about the calculations part, where I have to multiply something like (6.626x10^34)(35.4) / 28 ...something like that for me, takes a lot of room to figure out...I am bad at rounding....so I would rather stick w/ calculating it out...also I heard on the OAT....it matters if you use 9.8 or 10 or gravity, like they would have both answers..so you have to use 9.8 to get the right answer

To those of you who took it, could you share your experience on the scrap paper matter?

Thank you for your help!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Calculations are usually very simple on the OAT. You won't have anything weird like 3.6/28. I can't remember how much scratch paper I had. It seems like I had 3 sheets front and back and I had plenty left over after I was done. I write pretty big too and didn't have any problems as I could do most of the calculations in my head because they were pretty simple. You will probably use 10 for gravity. It will specify on the test which it wants you to use (it will most likely be 10). So don't fret too much about the scratch paper, you will have enough!

they gave me 4 blank pages of scrap paper in a booklet. one booklet will be enough for the first half of the test, but my second booklet used after the break ran out during quantitative reasoning! so unfortunately i had to get more. i'm not sure there's any way to get around that...

4 yellow pages in a booklet. Not enough for me so I had to ask for me during my physics section. When they give you the second booklet of scratch paper, they take the first one away, so be sure not to start any calculation on the first one if you think you are going to need it later in the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you guys for sharing your experience on this!
helps me a lot. I really appreciate it!

I also got four yellow sheets in a booklet. Practicing writing smaller, so you don't use up the whole thing. I tend to write big when doing equations also, but you don't want to take the chance. The four pages were more than enough to finish the exam.