scrap paper

mudiwa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do they provide any scrap paper for any of the sections?

Members don't see this ad.

i didn't take the comp. version of the oat, but from what i understand, you get scrap paper for the chem sections, qr, and phys. :)

i didn't take the comp. version of the oat, but from what i understand, you get scrap paper for the chem sections, qr, and phys. :)

mudiwa said:
do they provide any scrap paper for any of the sections?

I took the computerized in August and they just give you a book of scrap paper (4 pages or something) at the beginning of the test and then you have to hand it in at the end. You can trade in your scrap paper for some more if you need more during the test. They don't just give it to you for certain sections, you have it the whole time.

Members don't see this ad :)
pre_opt_sku said:
I took the computerized in August and they just give you a book of scrap paper (4 pages or something) at the beginning of the test and then you have to hand it in at the end. You can trade in your scrap paper for some more if you need more during the test. They don't just give it to you for certain sections, you have it the whole time.

Here's what you can do:

1) Write down some basic formulas or notations for SNS you tend to forget under exam stress during the first 15 minute tutorial.

2) Trade the first batch of scrap papers if needed during the 15-minute break. Then, make full use of the remaining break you have & do the same things for PT and QRT.

It will help overcome the time constraints to a certain extent...

when I took the test a month ago, you cannot use those extra time to make notes because they don't allow it. When I did try write my own notes during the break, the lady came in and made sure I did not continue doing so. :(

terryberryterry said:
when I took the test a month ago, you cannot use those extra time to make notes because they don't allow it. When I did try write my own notes during the break, the lady came in and made sure I did not continue doing so. :(

You'll probably have 5 minutes more to spare by the time you come back from the restroom and/or doing something else to get ready again. Not really a big deal if you’re stopped for writing some fast notes then. ;)

The entire paper thing was kinda annoying. I ran out of paper during the quantitative reasoning section and had to wait while they swapped booklets.