Scratch Balls

Started by Zenman1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Zenman1

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Psychologist is sending me a Soldier who started scratching his balls almost constantly, to the point they are bleeding. His wife is about to leave him over this. He does have some TBI also. Psychologist was excited telling me about him as she loves interesting cases, "I hope you can look up a drug for him!" Yeah, I have some drugs for him! Anyone else have patient doing the same?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wouldn't suggest bright light therapy in this case, but you could pioneer trans-scrotal magnetic stimulation. Just make sure you ask about metal objects. Seriously, make sure derm sees him before you assume this is psychogenic. Given his wife's reaction, this is probably fairly new behavior.
 
Looks like Excoriation disorder. TBI PA checked his package, not my job, and said package was ok, just wrinkled, lol! Poor guy has 4 combat deployments so I'd be holding on to my package also. Been doing it after last mortar blast rang his bell. He realizes it's a really a nutty thing to do (pun intended) but it relieves his anxiety. Started him on Zoloft since he has PTSD. Yes, he shook my hand....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad