Scratch Sheet?? Scratch Board??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DailyDrivenTJ

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard someone say they were given a few sheets of paper for scratch work and another say they were given a white board.

Anyone know for sure? I am calling Prometric right now. But meanwhile, share your experience!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Everybody has had their own experience, you just have to call to find out.

According to the Prometric centers in MA that I have called, as of Jan 07 the ADA required all centers to switch over to 3 laminated sheets (double sided) and markers. Now there may be centers that have not done this yet, but what they told me was that it was supposed to happen by now. I'm not too thrilled, but 6 total sheets seems like enough for me so I just hope I don't erase something by accident when flipping them over or get covered in marker!

a good way to sort of mentally prep yourself for the real deal holyfield is to buy a 8 1/2 by 11' dry erase board with a thin dry erase marker. and practice ur exams as well as practice problems with that. (plus it saves u on wasting paper! SAVE THE TREES! ok im done. :D)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wanted a white board, got scratch paper. When I took the DAT in Richmond...also scratch paper, they didn't give me a copy of my scores. When I took it in Buffalo, I didn't think they would give me a copy either so I wrote them tiny on the corner of my scratch paper and tore it off. I mean it was like 1cm by 1.5cm. The woman outside the room FLIPPED on me! She was like... "where is that corner! I need it back or your scores will be invalid!... Give it to me NOW!" She scared me so baaaaad! I gave it to her and she gave me a print out of my scores. Don't take your chances with that! ;)

Well, bastards at the Charlotte, NC Prometric center won't pick up or return calls so I went to pay them a visit.

The building was closed but the testing center was supposedly open. But they won't let me into the building because I am not taking the test. So I talked to them over the intercom and they told me they will give me either scratch sheet or laminated board.

So I asked AGAIN, which one am I getting?

Lady: You will get laminated sheet or scratch sheet.

I: Do I get to choose which one I get?

Lady: You will get laminated sheet or scratch sheet. One of the two, you don't get to choose which one to use but you will get either of the two.

They will talk to me over the intercom but won't talk to me in person. WTF? The testing site was clearly open according to their business hours.

Anyways, I am not too thrilled about this testing site.

took it 3/20/07 and they gave me 2 dry erase sheets. I asked if i can request paper and it says that the instructions for the test only allowed the dry erase. this is in CA

scratch paper.... I took it in Boston

Even though I called everyday that week and they kept telling me that it would be dry erase board with markers.... I didn't complain though...I liked the paper/pencil system better.

I just took it in Fort Smith, AR.

Got 2 pink laminated sheets of graph paper, 2 fine tip dry erase markers, and a big dry eraser. I only used the front side of one of the sheets.

Took it in Baltimore, MD. Was given 2 laminated sheets, a marker eraser, and 2 black markers. I had never practiced using laminated sheets before the exam, and I had absolutely no problem test day. It really is not a big deal.

Also, it sucks for you guys that are getting bad testing centers. Especially the guy talking on the intercom. I'd call Thompsom Prometric corporate and complain, but I'm sure you all are in test-mode right now and don't want to bother. The people at my testing center were really rude but at least they ran a fairly tight ship and everything went smoothly.

took it 3/20/07 and they gave me 2 dry erase sheets. I asked if i can request paper and it says that the instructions for the test only allowed the dry erase. this is in CA

Which site in cali did you take it at?

at my test I got to request scratch paper, as they couldn't find in their directions whether to give the paper or board.