Screening Applicants before Supplemental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lindell12a

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had a quick question...

For the schools that screen before they send you a supplemental application, are you required to send them the letters of recommendation BEFORE they send a supplemental, or wait to see if you're sent a supplemental application and THEN submit letters of recommendation?

I searched websites for these particular schools and still am confused...

Members don't see this ad.

I just had a quick question...

For the schools that screen before they send you a supplemental application, are you required to send them the letters of recommendation BEFORE they send a supplemental, or wait to see if you're sent a supplemental application and THEN submit letters of recommendation?

I searched websites for these particular schools and still am confused...

your file must be complete (including letters of recommendations) before they send out supplemental applications...basically, they need the basics before they send these out (aadsas app, lors, transcripts, dat scores)..this is at pretty much all schools...
however, some schools send you a supplement app and ask that you to send the supplement application fee when you submit it back....some schools say you should send these fees when you submit your aadsas...

https://aadsas.adea.org/aadsas2008/supplemental/ins_designations_supp.htm

this link will pretty much give you alot of info in regards to this matter and the supplement fees question