Screwed at prometric

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redlined

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I show up bright and early at 7:30 this morning at prometric to take 2CK. At 8am They inform us that the servers are down and nobody can be tested yet and we should wait till they get it fixed. Three hours go by and we are told no one will be tested today. We were told we will be contacted within 48 hours to reschedule for whenever there is something open.

Anybody else been screwed by prometric or have a similar experience? :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Several of my classmates in Ohio experienced the same thing. Some got called the night before, one had their site changed, some showed up and waited several hours before taking it. I didn't have any problems on test day, I just hope they don't lose my answers. Good luck, man.

I had a problem with Prometric, although it was different from your situation. Basically I had to call and change my testing date-but it had to be done by noon 5 days prior to the test date. When I called these scumbags kept me on hold for an hour and half-just to push it past noon and then have the balls to charge $90 to switch the date.

To make a long story short-I immediately canceled by credit card afterwards so they didn't get paid (confirmed this with my bank) and then contacted the BBB and the Attourney General's office in Maryland.

I see that a lot of people have had problems with Prometric, and I feel that the more complaints with the BBB they get, they might possibly start changing their tune.

Good luck!

NMH2001 said:
I had a problem with Prometric, although it was different from your situation. Basically I had to call and change my testing date-but it had to be done by noon 5 days prior to the test date. When I called these scumbags kept me on hold for an hour and half-just to push it past noon and then have the balls to charge $90 to switch the date.

To make a long story short-I immediately canceled by credit card afterwards so they didn't get paid (confirmed this with my bank) and then contacted the BBB and the Attourney General's office in Maryland.

I see that a lot of people have had problems with Prometric, and I feel that the more complaints with the BBB they get, they might possibly start changing their tune.

Good luck!

be careful for the collection agencies. prometric won't let u get away from the $90 that easily. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Call me psychic, but a day before my test I called prometric just to be sure everything was alright and they didn't get my name on their list! It took long stressful 6 hours to confirm that and of course it was their fault. I probably lost a pound that morning.

On my test day, the computers went down/the mouses died on like 4 of us, each 3-4 times.....it's really annoying when your time clicks away and the staff just sits there talking on the phone.
I wrote a letter to nbme about it, and they basically said they are "keeping tabs on the center."......
that's nice and all, but i'll never go back there for a test.