Scribe job dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slopes23

Parlors & Poop Shoots
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am taking a gap year (graduated in June) and recently moved to a new state. I applied to a Physician Scribe job which I am most interested in along with other medical related job and some other non medical jobs (retail) because I need to work one way or another and I figure I can work and just volunteer and shadow on the side. Anyways, there is only one scribe company where I love and they invites me to interview late last week. I was told I would hear back some time this week. Being the anxious person I am the wait is killing me and every day that passes I feel less and less confident about how it all went . In the mean time I just heard back from one of the retail jobs today and they offered me the position. I wanted to get some advice as to what I should do. I prefer to scribe a lot more then to do retail for obvious reasons. Is it too early to follow up with the interviewer (already sent a thank you email same day). If I do follow up should I disclose that I received another job offer from an unrelated field but that I really prefer to scribe? I don't quite know how got proceed in this situation.... Every where I have read they say to let the other company know you got an offer but I don't want to sound disinterested or have the scribe company be like oh you have another offer? Enjoy....

Suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

The type of follow up you are thinking about doing is annoying and likely to backfire.

Take the retail job. If you get the scribe job, then quit the retail job.

I agree with the previous person, take the retail job for now and then if you hear from the scribe job, wait until after you get an offer from them and quit the retail if you can't do both. Most scribe companies will only let you work 4 days out of a week because most of the time you are pulling 10 hr shifts and if you are to tired it can become a liability issue. Also, depending on the scribe company you will have to go through training and then you are offered a position. There were 12 other people who interviewed with me and we all were selected for training but they only hired 4 of us after floor training. Not sure if your company is doing it like that but just in case they are, you don't want to be jobless just in case the scribe company doesn't go as plan. ( I hope it does though!)

{Why not work from home? Check out my blog! dyiwithconnie.blogspot.com}

+1 to other posters

Business is business. The retail job will understand or they will get over it. Just be professional about quitting the retail job if you get the scribe job.

Besides, businesses do this to new hires everyday... 1 month in: "Oh we're sorry, but it doesn't seem like you're a good fit here so we going to have to let you go."