Scrubs during first year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ConsciousCalc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I was interviewing at BUSPM some of the first years were wearing scrubs for anatomy. But I was wondering if thats really thr only days we wear scrubs? I’m super comfortable in scrubs so if it was up to me, I would wear them every day lol

But just wondering if its reall only for anatomy days and all the other days business casual?

Members don't see this ad.

When I was interviewing at BUSPM some of the first years were wearing scrubs for anatomy. But I was wondering if thats really thr only days we wear scrubs? I’m super comfortable in scrubs so if it was up to me, I would wear them every day lol

But just wondering if its reall only for anatomy days and all the other days business casual?

You may change your mind when you come out smelling like formaldehyde.

Its fun wearing scrubs. But they serve a function.

You will also be wearing scrubs during clinicals.

Reactions: 1 user
You will also be wearing scrubs during clinicals.

Bummer. So no suit, tie, shoes, and white coat?

Would love less scrubs, and more professional style. Would even slap a briefcase on to complete the look!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Scrubs are only needed for anatomy, wear whatever the heck you want for class

Bummer. So no suit, tie, shoes, and white coat?

Would love less scrubs, and more professional style. Would even slap a briefcase on to complete the look!
Seeing as this thread has been bumped-- would love your opinion on what type of briefcases to look into.

If memory serves correctly, I believe you or someone else was quite the fashion guru.

Reactions: 1 users
Seeing as this thread has been bumped-- would love your opinion on what type of briefcases to look into.

If memory serves correctly, I believe you or someone else was quite the fashion guru.

ExperiencedDPM is your man! Also, you could get away with anything really. The biggest item should be your shoes because you're a podiatrist. Avoid wearing torn up, rough, cheap looking shoes. Go for something of good quality so you make a good impression on your patients too.